HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINES FOR CRAMPS DURING MENSES
FEW HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINES WHICH HELP IN RELIEVING MENSTRUAL CRAMPS ARE:
- Belladonna is known to provide relief from violent, throbbing muscle spasms in the lower abdomen that come suddenly during the course of menstruation. It controls profuse bleeding and prevents blood clots. It is also known to keep irritability and depression in check during this time period.
- Chamomilla is prescribed to patients who are hypersensitive to pain and easily lose mental and emotional stability. The pain is sharp and stinging and extends down to the inner thighs. There are blood clots and profuse bleeding, causing agonizing discomfort to the patient.
- Pulsatilla is prescribed to patients who grow extremely sensitive, depressed and suffer from temporary mental breakdowns during the menstruating period. The cramps are accompanied by nausea and dizziness.
- Magnesia Phos is prescribed to patients who find a little relief from warm applications, bending forward and comforting food or beverages. This is mostly given to women who feel the cramps centred on the uterus but radiating to all sides.
- Caulophyllum is a remedy meant for women who feel the onset of painful cramps before the menstruation begins. Lower abdominal pain, dizziness and a sudden spell of malaise precede the menstruation.
- Apis mellifica is meant for women who feel sharp stinging pain near the ovaries, accompanied with dark red mucous and the urine is generally very scanty and dark coloured.
- Veratrum Album is given to patients who have severe cramps accompanied by diarrhoea and nausea.