10 TIPS TO MANAGE ANXIETY ARE:
- EXERCISE DAILY- If your not exercising it would blow your ability to cope with stress because lack of exercise causes physical stress due to pent up energy which would transfer to become mental stress. Adrenaline is a stress hormone which is released during anxiety and exercise burns up stress chemical to promote relaxation. Exercise should be done 3-4 times a week at least and do different exercises to avoid boredom, include fun exercises.
- LIMIT ALCOHOL, smoking AND CAFFEINE- nicotine, caffeine, alcohol triggers adrenal glands to release adrenaline, which is one of the main stress chemical and should be avoided in people who have anxiety.
- GET ENOUGH SLEEP- lack of sleep causes physical and mental stress due to release of stress hormone and decrease the stress coping ability of the body. Thus proper 8 hour sleep is advisable in patients with anxiety. This would help the body to be capable of taking stress.
- EAT WELL- magnesium helps in muscle relaxation and deficiency of it can contribute to anxiety. Lack of calcium and vitamin B can also contribute to anxiety. Daily diet should contain wholegrain cereals, green leafy vegetables, low fat dairy products. Do not skip any meal and do healthy snacking.
- MEDITATION AND YOGA- meditation and yoga would give the body break and would relax the body which would ultimately relieve stress and anxiety. Doing it everyday would help with stress coping ability of the body.
- TALK TO SOMEONE- seek help from your friend, doctor, counsellor, psychologist, any family member. Sharing your issues with someone would help you to get solution for your issues and would give you confidence to stand up. Talking to someone face to face or over phone about positive things can help you re-gain mental strength.
- BE POSITIVE & KNOW THE THINGS WHICH TRIGGER ANXIETY- negative thoughts always aggravate anxiety and certain beliefs always trigger certain behavior. Cognitive therapy always helps in changing certain patterns of thinking and beliefs which trigger anxiety. Being positive would help in positive beliefs and thoughts, ultimately helping the person to avoid triggers of anxiety.
- COUNT TO 10/ DISTRACT YOURSELF- during an anxiety attack counting to10 slowly would help you relax and would give time to body to react. Thoughts tend to become enemy when there is anxiety. Distracting yourself from the trigger may also help by not thinking about it and avoiding anxiety.
- RELAXATION TECHNIQUE- during anxiety it’s necessary to release muscle tension by:
– progressive muscle relaxation: deliberately inducing tension in group of muscles and then releasing the tension. Then attention is paid to the contrast between tension and relaxation.
– abdominal breathing: deep breathing through abdomen would relax your body.
– isometric relaxation technique: in this stretching of the muscle is done and fixation is done at the ends of the muscle.
- Acceptance- on exposure to certain situation be assertive, accept it first and seek for the solution. Confront your fears one by one, resist yourself from withdrawing from the situation. Appreciate yourself for handling any situation nicely.
HOMOEOPATHY ALWAYS HELPS IN MANAGING ANXIETY AS THERE ARE MANY WONDERFUL MEDICINES LIKE GELSEMIUM, ARGENTUM NITRICUM, COFFEA, NUX VOMICA, PULSATILLA ETC.
TRY HOMOEOPATHY TO GET RID OF ANXIETY.