Warts are small, rough, hard, non-cancerous skin growth, usually having a color similar to the color of the rest of the skin and is caused when a type of Human Papilloma Virus infects the top layer of the skin through damaged skin.
Warts are contagious and can spread through direct contact.
TYPES OF WARTS
- COMMON WARTS: also known as verruca Vulgaris grow most often on the fingers, around the nails and on the back of hands (especially where skin breaks are common) and are rough.
- FOOT/ PLANTAR WARTS: grow most often on the soles of the foot, can grow in clusters, are often flat or can grow inwards due to pressure while walking and can hurt also.
- FLAT WARTS: can occur anywhere, are small and smooth, can grow in large numbers.
- FILIFORM WARTS: looks like long threads, often grow on the face (around mouth, eyes, and nose) and grow quickly.
- GENITAL WARTS: are sexually transmitted and are found in the genital area.
- PERIUNGUAL WARTS: occur in clusters (cauliflower-like growth) around nails.
- MOSAIC WARTS: tightly clustered, commonly on hands and soles.
- Common in teens and children
- In subjects with the weak immune system
- In people who have a habit of nail-biting.
PREVENT THE WART FROM SPREADING:
- Don’t pick or scratch warts.
- Don’t touch someone’s warts.
- Keep warts dry to prevent spread.
- Wear flip-flops or pool shoes in public showers and pool areas.
HOMEOPATHY AND WARTS
There are medicines like thuja, silicea, nature mur, graphites, nitric acid, etc which can remove warts completely without recurrence. But medicines always depend on the presentation of the case.