TIPS TO HAVE HAPPY MONSOON
- Use boiled water as in monsoon season there are chances of spread of infection by water and contaminated water can cause diseases like typhoid, cholera, gastroenteritis, diarrhea, viral hepatitis etc. Hence by drinking boiled water we can decrease the chances of spread of water born disease.
- Prevent vector born diseases (dengue, chikungunya, malaria) by stopping the mosquito breeding. Prevent mosquito breeding by detection & elimination of mosquito breeding sources.
- Use mosquito repellent creams, liquids, coils, mats, wear full sleeve shirts and full pants, use bed nets for sleeping infants and young children during day time to prevent mosquito bite.
- Eat home cooked food and fresh fruits. Eat fruits soon after cutting them, don’t keep them for long. Consume fresh food and fruits.
- Maintain proper hygiene like daily baths and regular washing of the feet and keeping them dry can prevent skin problems during monsoon.