SCALP PSORIASIS Overview
What is scalp psoriasis?
When the symptoms of psoriasis found on scalp , it is called scalp psoriasis.symptoms may affect the whole scalp or only small patches , it may spread to the ears , hairline ,and the neck .
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder,it is a very common skin condition and this condition is characterised by raised ,red and scaly patches and also formation of plagues in the skin .
Psoriasis can spread to any part of the body but it mainly found on
Scalp psoriasis is common in those people who suffering from chronic plaque psoriasis ,scalp psoriasis affet 50% of chronic plaque psoriasis.
There are some factors which make prone for developing scapl psoriasis
- Genetic -if having history of psoriasis in family those people are more prone for developing scalp psoriasis.
- Some nutritional -some nutritionist says who are obese with infamamatory factors are likely prone , and person who are senstive for gluten diet .
- Injury -any injury to scalp such as burn, any cut ,or bruise may increase the risk of psoriasis
- Stress - it may also play a role in occuring of psoriasis because it affects the immune system
- Weak immune system- if any person get infection repeated due to compromised immune system are prone for psoriatic arthritis.
- Smoking - the risk of psoriasis is increased if you smoke it also worsen the condition of psoriasis .
- Infection - infection also trigger the psoriasis but mainly throat infection from streptococcus ,HIV people are also prone.
- Medications - certain medications such as indomethacin , used to treat arthritis , and quinidine , a heart medication.