Pattern hair loss Overview
What is Pattern hair loss?
The term hair loss refer when the hair is losing from the scalp , resulting thinning of hair , patchyness , or baldness.The medical term for hair loss is alopecia , permanent loss of hair is called baldness. In india more than 50% of men of age 50 will be affected by male pattern baldness
Type of hair loss
There are two types of pattern of hair lossing
- Male pattern baldness - in male pattern baldness the losing of hair start typically from the top and front of the head and form M pattern in forehead ,it is also called androgenic alopecia because it is triggerde by make sex hormne and gentic cause .
- Female pattern baldness - in female hair loss there is no specific pattern but usually hair getting thin , hairline is receding
Three types of female pattern baldness -
- Type 1 when the amount of hair thinning is small in your scalp
- Type 2 there is widening of the scalp and the amount of thining is increased around it
- Type 3 the thinning start throughout the scalp and visibility of scalp in between the hair .
- Age -male pattern baldness mainly affect the adult man but may also occur in teenage .
- Stress full events distress -any emotional shock which cause impact on our health it lead to hair fall,hair fall occurs after physical and mental stress.
- Genetic - if there is a history of baldness in family those persons are more prone for the hair loss
- Some Disease - like anemia or a thyroid problem also lead a major cause of hair loss .
- Radiation or chemotherapy treatments taken for any purpose
- Some medications such as ,medicine used for blood thinners in case of embolism , steroids , when any person take high doses of vitaminA , steroids, medicine for cancer arthritis depression high blood pressure heart problems .
- Any infection of the scalp -due to infection of the scalp it weakens the roots of hair some conditions such as scalp psoriasis , seborrheic dermatitis , tinea capitis or may be some other condition causes hair fall.
- Any problems with diet - if any person take diet which is low in iron and contain a high level of vitamin A it also lead to hair fall .
- Immune system- when the immune system become due to fever , flu or any other conditions also increase the risk of hair fall.
Female pattern baldness -
Majority of risk factors of male and female baldness is same ,Some specific cause which is related to only female cause of hair loss such as
- PCOS -as the PCOS is hormonal disease is it also play an important role in hair fall.
- Grooming -making tight ponytails , braids or cornrows in which hair face tightly bandage it hurt the hair lining so as result it weakens the hair.
- Menopause - women who is at the age of menopause also prone to hair loss.