OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder ) Overview
WHAT IS OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder )?
OCD is common , chronic mental disorder in which a person has uncontrollable ,recurring thoughts (obsessions ) and behaviour (compulsion) as results affected person feel an urge to do the same activity again and again
Mild thinking regarding future, loved one are normal but normally it goes after some time,but if these thoughts stuck in mind and lead to excessive activity or harm the other person , these condition called obsessive compulsive disorder.
- Sex- OCD is more common in female
- Age - it is more common in young age .
- Stress - stress and traumatic life is one of the leading triggering factors which cause OCD .OCD occur in reaction to stress .
- Mental disorder - OCD sometimes OCD is related or triggered by other mental conditions such as anxiety , depression .
- Mental trauma - such as history of sexual abuse ,stres in relationship ,history of cheating by someone other.
- Medical history - if someone had a history of major illness it lead to major impact on mind or any history of brain injury ,and as a result people become more cautious about future but sometimes people become excess cautious about future.
Untreated OCD can lead to
- social Isolation - sometimes people avoid company of friend , family and want to be alone
- Academica failure - due to mind restlessness it lead to lack of concentration on work as a result affected person become slow in performance
- Loss of concentration at work or other actives
- Loss of sleep due to anxiety
- Exhaustion at physical and emotional plane due to repeated dosing of activities it lead to weakness on physical or mental plane
- Panic attacks
- And some time suicidal thoughts