NEPHROTIC SYNDROME Overview
WHAT IS NEPHROTIC SYNDROME?
Nephrotic syndrome is usually caused by damage to the cluster of small blood vessels in your kidneys that filter waste and excess water from your blood.
Nephrotic syndrome cause swelling particularly in your feet and ankles and increase the risk of other health problems.
Many disease condition also lead to nephrotic syndrome,including:
- Diabetic kidney disease
- Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Blood clot in kidney vein
- Certain infection that increase the risk of nephrotic syndrome such as HIV,hepatitisB,malaria.
- Certain medications also increase the risk of factors such as nonsteroidal anti inflammatory drugs and drugs used to fight infections.
- Blood clots
- High blood cholesterol and elevated blood triglycerides
- Poor nutrition
- High blood pressure
- Acute kidney failure
- Chronic kidney failure
SYMPTOMS AND CAUSES
- Severe swelling(edema),particularly around your eyes and in your ankles feet
- Foamy urine ,which may be caused by excess protein in your diet
- Weight gain due to excess fluid retention
- Loss of appetite