MENOPAUSAL SYNDROME Overview
WHAT IS MENOPAUSAL SYNDROME ?
Menopausal syndrome is not a disease ,it is the natural process of ageing in females .in this condition the menstrual cycle or fertility periods ends.
It is not happen suddenly ,it is slow developing process
If menopause occurs before the age of 40 it is considered early menopause or induced menopause and it occurs due to underlying cause.
If the menopause occurs after the age of 40 it is considered normal but if it occur before 40 it premature menopause and it is triggered by some factors
- Family history -any women having a family history of early menopause,these women are more prone for developing early menopause.
- Some medications who reduce the level of estrogen level can induce the early menopause
- Autoimmune disease such as thyroid
- Turner syndrome
Although menopause is a natural phenomena but after menopause women faced many complications such as
- Osteoporosis-in early phase of menopause ,bones become weak and lose bone density ,it increases the risk of developing osteoporosis
- Cancer-the cases of breast cancer is more common in women who have reached menopause.cancer of reproductive part is also common such as CA of cervix .
- Urinary incontinence-at the menopause stage the vaginal and urethral party lost its elasticity ,and as a result female faced problems such as loss of control in urination ,involuntary loss of urine ,urine passed out during coughing ,sneezing or lifting of any heavy weight ,frequent and sudden urge for urination.
- Cardiovascular -as the menopause phase the level of estrogen drops it lead to various cardiovascular diseases .