WHAT IS NEPHROTIC SYNDROME?
Nephrotic syndrome is usually caused by damage to the cluster of small blood vessels in your kidneys that filter waste and excess water from your blood.
Nephrotic syndrome cause swelling particularly in your feet and ankles and increase the risk of other health problems.
Many disease condition also lead to nephrotic syndrome,including:
- Diabetic kidney disease
- Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Blood clot in kidney vein
- Certain infection that increase the risk of nephrotic syndrome such as HIV,hepatitisB,malaria.
- Certain medications also increase the risk of factors such as nonsteroidal anti inflammatory drugs and drugs used to fight infections.
- Blood clots
- High blood cholesterol and elevated blood triglycerides
- Poor nutrition
- High blood pressure
- Acute kidney failure
- Chronic kidney failure
SYMPTOMS AND CAUSES
- Severe swelling(edema),particularly around your eyes and in your ankles feet
- Foamy urine ,which may be caused by excess protein in your diet
- Weight gain due to excess fluid retention
- Loss of appetite
Nephrotic syndrome is usually caused by damage to the cluster of tiny blood vessels(glomeruli)of your kidneys.
The main purpose of glomeruli is to filter the blood as it passese through your kidneys, seperate things your body needs from those it doesn’t .healthy glomeruli keep blood protein(mainly albumin)-which is needed to maintain the right amount of fluid in your body -from seeping to much blood protein to leave your body damaged,glomeruli allow too much blood protein to leave your.
DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT
- Urine test -urine examination reveal abnormalities such as large amount of protein.
- Blood test-hypoalbumin, loss of albumin, increases level of cholesterol
- Removing a sample of kidney tissue for testing
Treatment of nephrotic syndrome is mainly symptomatic like
- Blood pressure medications
- Water pills
- Cholesterol reducing medications
- Blood thinners
- Immune suppressing medicine
- Reduce the amount of fat and cholesterol in your diet to help control your blood cholesterol
- Choose lean source of protein
- Eat low salt diet to control the swelling
- Limit food that increase blood sugar levels.
Apis ,apocynum,arsenic album,terebinthina,lycopodium,calc carb,kali mur,sulphur,arjuna rauwolfia, gymnema and more medicine will help in management of nephrotic syndrome. But constitutional approach should be opted for treatment of nephrotic syndrome which can give permanent relief.
DO'S AND DONT'S
- Eat healthy
- Doing daily exercise
- Should go for routine examination
- Maintain restrict diet
- Keep away from infections
- Don’t smoke
- Never consume alcohol
- Never consume fatty foods