WHAT IS LIPOMA?
Lipoma is slow growing fatty lump that’s most often situated between your skin and the underlying muscle layer that occurs due to overgrowth of the fat cells .
doctors consider lipoma as benign tumors,which means that they are non cancerous growth
Lipomas are slow growing and usually harmless rarely, they can be cancerous.
Lipoma may be single or multiple in body.
Sites of occurance of lipoma
A lipoma can form on any part of the body, but they typically appear on the :
The exact cause of lipoma is unknown but factors increase the risk of lipoma such as
- Family history of lipoma
- Most prevalent in adults between 40 to 60
- Certain conditions also increase the risk of lipoma such as adiposis dolorosa,cowden syndrome,gardner’s syndrome,madelung’s disease
- Are obese
- Have high cholesterol
- Have diabetes
- Have liver disease
CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS
The exact cause is unknown but the above describe factors play an important role in developing lipoma
- Be soft to touch- lipoma typically feel soft ,oval-shaped
- Move easily if prodded with your finger
- Be just under the skin- lipoma generally situated beneath the skin
- Colour of lipoma - the colour of lipoma is depends upon the location if lipoma situated superficial show yellowish in colour or if deep situated it shows reddish blue to deep blue colour
- Grow slowly- in majority of the case the growth of the lipoma are slow
- Mainly lipoma is painless but Painful only if it grows into nerves underneath the skin
- If Lipoma located deep in skin it may cause pressure on internal organs it lead to associated symptoms
DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT
- Diagnosis of lipoma is based on physical examination
- Biopsy for lab examination to rule out the cancerous condition
- An x-ray or other imaging test such as an MRI or CT scan
Generally lipoma doesn’t need any treatment if ,is painful or growing in size or some patient having cosmetic issue then surgery required
- Surgical removal of lipoma
- Steroid injections
All these methods are conventional but homeopathy cure the condition without any complication, it also prevent from surgery and recurrence.
Homoeopathy medicine are very useful for the lipoma because it reduces the size of lipoma , some medicines are calcarea flour ,calcarea carb,thuja,kali-iodatum,sulphur,belladonna etc. Treatment of lipoma in homoeopathy is purely based on case-taking.
DO'S AND DON'TS
- Increase the amount of vegetables and fruits in your diet
- Eat more fish,fish contain good amount of healthy omega-3 fats and good quality of protein.
- Avoid eating red meat
- Switch to organic foods as much as possible.
- Avoid to create panic state